Sunday 15 April 2012

Tenderloin of Goat

As commented earlier today, I bought a tenderloin of Goat yesterday at the Exeter Festival of South West Food & Drink 2012. Today I set this marinating in Orange Blossom Honey, Rosemary, Mint, Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar for around 4 hours. Then sealed it in a hot pan, finishing it in a moderate oven for 8 minutes, served with Kohlrabi, carrots and Jersey Royal Potatoes and Oat Bread.



Well, I am not gonna say Goat is something I'd bother to try again - it tastes rather like lamb, but it's quite tough - even though it had had 10 minutes resting time following cooking. It was nice and medium rare, but lamb is better, this was certainly interesting to try though!

Following this, I made Chocolate Brownie, which was all gooey in the middle and served it with my homemade vanilla ice cream - perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment