Wednesday 18 April 2012

Julie & Julia


Today I have travelled to Birmingham and back in one day, to give a presentation at a Risk Management Conference for Housing Sector. After a very tiring, yet successful day, I am now returning by train back to Plymouth. What bliss to blogging, whilst travelling on the train!

I must let you know, that during my trip home I have just finished watching, my most favourite film ever, again! Julie & Julia.



For those of you haven’t already had the pleasure of watching this amazing film, it is a true story, about an American Secretary, Julie Powell, who set herself the challenge of cooking her way through all of the recipes in Julia Childs ‘Mastering the Art of French Cookery’ in just one year.

Easy I hear you say, no think again, there are 524 recipes in this book of over 700 pages. These are not your quick and easy simple meals either; these are intense recipes consisting of complex dishes, the most famous being Boeuf Bourguignon (beef stewed in red wine with bacon, mushrooms and onions), which takes over 2.5 hours to cook. Julie blogs about her achievements and disasters throughout the year, and gains quite a fan base all of her own as a result. Eventually her blog becomes so popular that she is offered a book publishing deal and then the book is made into this fantastic film.

Meryl Streep plays the amazing Julia Child and Amy Adams, Julie Powell, two great actresses, perfect for their roles.

I have read ‘Mastering the Art of French Cookery’ Vol. 1 from cover to cover, and loved every turn of the page, I still need to buy Vol. 2.




I know I usually have a recipe to share, but today it’s a bit different with a culinary film and book to share instead. Soon I shall be blogging about bread, as I have been asked for a bread recipe 3 times in as many weeks and I have a great one to share with you, so watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment